Days of Discovery
from € 257.00 p.p. for 3 nightsValid from 1 Jan 2016 until 31 Dec 2016
Available year-round on request
In addition to its characteristic sights and cultural attractions, Hildesheim also offers a wide range of different and varied options and opportunities that promise you a most interesting stay whatever the time of year. There is the Rose Festival in the Baroque-style Magdalenen Gardens, for example, the city beach at City Hall in the summer and ice-skating when it’s cold outside on an outdoor rink downtown on the “Platz der Lilie” behind City Hall. We have now added more ideas to this list that are sure to be fun and will definitely make your short get-away more enjoyable.
4th to 8th of May 2016
During the days around Ascension Day each year, wine growers, wine merchants and pub and restaurant owners extend an invitation to one and all to the traditional Hildesheim Wine Festival. In front of the historical backdrop of the market square, visitors can spend the five days of the festival enjoying wines from different growing regions and special culinary delights along with a supporting program of live music until far into the night.
Culture in Hildesheim
Guided City Tours
The two-hour guided city tour entitled “Getting to Know Hildesheim” provides an initial overview of the city’s history. It starts at the historic market square, goes on to St. Michael’s Church and then through the Cathedral courtyard.
1 April to 31 October: daily at 2 pm
1 November to 31 March: Friday, Saturday und Sunday at 2 pm
24 an 31 December: at 11 am (25 and 26 December no guided city tours)
- Historical City Tours:
Go back in time to the modern city of Hildesheim with city tour guides dressed in historical costumes of past centuries. Whether it is the dutiful nightwatch, the herb woman suspected of being a witch or Hildesheim's first member of the Reichstag parliament: they and other “notorious” personalities take you on an exciting trip back into the past.
Tel. 05129 – 96123,
UNESCO World Heritage in Hildesheim
Hildesheim is particularly famous for its many churches, of which the Cathedral and St. Michael’s are extraordinary examples of the Romanesque religious art of the Holy Roman Empire. The UNESCO honoured this by adding St. Michael’s Church and St. Mary’s Cathedral both to the list of World Heritage sites in 1985. With its monumental ceiling painting dating from the 13th century, which illustrates the lineage of Jesus Christ, St. Michael’s is considered as one of the most beautiful early Romanesque churches in Germany.
Opening hours St. Michael´s Church: 01.11. - 31.03. daily 9 am to 4 pm, 01.04. - 31.10. daily 8 am to 6 pm
No viewing permitted during church services, events in the church, concert rehearsals or any other church ceremony
Hildesheim Cathedral and Cathedral Museum
UNESCO World Heritage objects in the Cathedral include the Bernwardian bronze castings – Christ’s Pillar (1020) and the double-wing bronze door (1015). The wings of the door, which are 4-72 m tall, depict stories from a medieval Bible, a unique document in the form of a large-scale Romanesque sculpture.
Opening hours Cathedral: Daily 10 am to 6 pm (closed 24 and 31 December)
Opening hours Cathedral Museum: Tuesday - Sunday 10 am to 5 pm (closed 24 and 31 December)
The Surrounding Area
- Marienburg Castle – the last castle of the Royal Family of Hannover – is a popular place to visit and only an approx. 20-minute drive from Hildesheim. During the season, visitors are welcome to tour the castle, climb the towers and enjoy concerts and special events on a daily basis. Culinary delights are available in the beer garden or in the café and castle restaurant. Extensive information and the current programme of events can be found on the internet.
Tel. +49-(0)5069 348 000,
from January 2nd to March 4th 2016: Saturday and Sunday 11 am to 4 pm
from March 5th to November 8th 2016: daily from 10 am to 6 pm
from November 9th to December 23st 2016: Wednesday to Sunday 11 am to 4 pm
With prior registration, groups can also visit the castle outside of these opening hours and seasonal restrictions.
- Fagus Factory in Alfeld on the Leine River
The factory, which was built by Walter Gropius starting in 1911, is an unusual success story of exemplary industrial culture in the 20th century. Officially registered as a historic monument since 1946, the factory has been elaborately restored and renovated in the meantime and is open to the public for tours. The Fagus Factory has been added to the list of UNESCO World Cultural Heritage sites for Germany.
Opening hours: daily from 10 am to 4 pm,
Tel. +49-(0)5181-790, www.fagus-werk.com
- Autostadt in Wolfsburg
The theme and lagoon park continuously adds to its special attractions and offers cultural, sport-related and culinary highlights in a wide variety of different ways.
Opening hours: daily from 9 am to 6 pm
Tel. 0800 288 678 238,
- Erlebnis-Zoo Hannover – Germany’s most spectacular zoo
You can spend an entire day exploring the fascinating animal worlds with approx. 3000 inhabitants in seven different adventure environments: In the African Zambezi River landscape with a boat ride through Africa, in the Indian jungle palace, on Gorilla Mountain, in the new Canadian landscape, Yukon Bay, in the outback of Australia, on the typical northern German Meyers’ Farm and in kids’ land at Mullewapp. Have fun!
Tel. +49-(0)511 – 280740, www.zoo-hannover.de
Hildesheim Marketing GmbH
Rathausstraße 20 (Tempelhaus), 31134 Hildesheim
Tel. +49 (0)5121 - 1798 0, Fax: +49 (0)5121 - 1798 88
- 3x overnight stay including breakfast buffet, use of swimming pool, sauna and fitness area
- Welcome cocktail
- Coffee/tea & cake (choice of 1 piece)
- 3 x 3-course meals with seasonal choices – on Fridays you can also choose our “Friday on my mind” buffet (not available in July and August)
Book Days of Discovery
From € 257,00 per person in a double room
From € 306,00 per person in a single room
Surcharge for the Deluxe category € 20 per room, per night
Surcharge for the Executive category € 30 per room, per night
Surcharge for the Junior Suites € 50 per room, per night
Prices for extra beds and children needs to be requested separately.
The arrangement can be booked on request and based on availability.
Additional nights available on request.
In and around the hotel
- Free WiFi
- Family room
- Swimming pool
- Restaurant à la carte
- Hotel bar
- Bike rental
- Room service
- Wheelchair accessible
- Disabled persons toilet
- No smoking
- Pets allowed
- Bagage drop off
- Beauty parlor
- Indoor pool
- Internet corner
- Golf course
- Climate control
- Covered bicycle parking
- Conference room
- E-bike rental
- Sky Fernsehen Sport 1 & Sport News
Nice to know
- Cancelation free of charge (up to 24 hours before arrival). Special cancellation policies apply during trade fairs.
- Pay with Credit Card, iDeal or cash at the counter
- Check-in from 15:00 hrs
- Check-out before 12:00 hrs
- Breakfast € 15,00 p.p.
- Breakfast from 06:30 to 10:00 am / Saturday and Sunday 6.30 to 10.30 am
- Parking: 9,50 € /24 hours in public underground parking with hotel entrance
- Destination address for navigation system: Jakobistraße
- Children: Please note that children up to 12 years of age stay free of charge in parents‘ room; breakfast included. Any additional services (food and drinks, entrance fees, etc.) are not included and must be paid at the hotel direct.
- Arriving by train: good ICE connections, the train station is within easy walking distance, only 800 m away from the hotel.