Living Monument (package tour)
€ 196.00 p.p.for 2 nights
- 2 overnight stays including breakfast buffet
- 2 seasonal 3-course meals with choices/buffet on Fridays (except for July and August)
- Use of the swimming pool, sauna and fitness room
- Entrance Fagus-Werk exhibitions incl. video guide or public guided tour
From € 196,00 per person in a double room
From € 275,00 per person in a single room
* Entrance Fagus-Werk exhibitions (UNESCO Visitors’ Centre, Fagus-Gropius Exhibition, Fagus Gallery + video guide or public guided tour and a “sweet” surprise).
Guided tour for the general public without prior registration, meeting point at the UNESCO Visitors’ Centre:
March to October: Saturday at 13.00, Sunday at 11.00 and 13.00
November - February: Saturday at 13.00, Sunday at 13.00
Weekend visitors can choose from between using the video guide or taking a public guided tour once they have arrived.
March - October: Daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
November - February: Daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Can be booked year-round on request (except for 24, 25, 31 December and 1 January)
Look between the architecture and factory production to find a living monument, the UNESCO World Heritage Fagus Factory in Alfeld. Architect and Bauhaus founder Walter Gropius built the Fagus Factory in 1911, a factory that is considered as the origin of modern industrial architecture the world over. Explore the production facilities and take a closer look at the Fagus-Gropius exhibition and the multimedial UNESCO Visitors’ Centre to experience the past and the present of this fascinating world heritage site.
The Fagus-Gropius Café is an appealing location that invites you to sit down and relax for a while.